Check back regularly for all the latest features, fixes and news.
1 October 2020
📘 Collaborative Notes and Talking Points
Ask and you shall receive! Users can now take free-text, shared notes
for any meeting on the right below the actions. This can also be used as a place to collaborate on talking points
that you or other guests wish to cover in the meeting. Keep an eye on this section as we continue to add functionality to improve the note-taking experience!
⏱ Meeting Countdown Timer
If your meetings aren’t starting or finish on time, or feel rushed towards the end, this one is for you! When the meeting is due to start, the Meetric logo will turn into a handy countdown timer, showing exactly how many minutes remain
. The timer will turn amber with 25%
of time remaining and red with 10% remaining
, to serve as a reminder to users to speed up and wrap up when needed (including summarising actions).
👨👩👧👦 View Actions by Owner
Your Actions page contains not only actions assigned to you, but also actions assigned to others
. And now you can easily view actions by their owner
. The next time you catch up with that colleague or client, you’ll know exactly what they’ve got on their plate that relates to you.
🐛 Bug Fixes & Improvements
- View where reminder emails have already been scheduled, and easily toggle them on or off — just click the Send recap / Set reminders button to view the popup
- View Related Actions from past meetings that have been done by toggling the ‘Show completed’ checkbox
- The Scroll to next meeting button (previously labeled ‘Today’) now anchors you to the current or next meeting (not just the current day) and works even when filters are applied
- Fixed a bug that was causing the Join video hyperlink to break when the ‘Location’ field of a calendar event contained both a conference link and other text (like a room name)
- Improved the design of the mobile responsive view of the app, as well as the recap and reminder emails.
- Added and improved help text and tool tips across the app to assist users and guests
10 September 2020
🚨 Reminder Emails for Actions Due Soon
No more chasing others to make sure their actions get done! Meetric can send action reminders
automatically! To use this feature, simply set owners and due dates for actions as you do so presently, then when you click the Send Recap button, you will now see additional options to send Action Reminders. Toggle ON
and click Save & send
to turn reminders on for a particular guest in that meeting (they do not send by default from just setting a due date). If that guest’s action/s have not been marked as complete
already, Meetric will send a courteous reminder a couple of days before the action is due — saving you the need to remember to follow up yourself!
Some other helpful details:
- Reminders only need to be turned on once per meeting, so you can set & forget — a good time to do it is when you are sending the recap at the end of the meeting. Any actions added or edited after that will automatically be included where needed.
- Reminders are grouped together where possible, so if a user has multiple actions from one meeting that are due soon, they’ll be combined into a single email and sent ONCE. For example, say you have actions due tomorrow and the day after, and another one in 10 days. Assuming the actions aren’t done beforehand, expect ONE reminder today for the 2 actions due soon, and another in 8 days time for the last one!
💌 Personalise your Meeting Recap Email
Due to popular demand, you now have the ability to add a personalised message
which appends to your meeting recap email.
Add your own flair, or let your guests know why you chose Meetric!
▆ Filter (out) your Solo Events
Busy people often like to block time in their calendar
— to actually get work done or just to prevent others from filling up their diary with meetings. So we’ve gone ahead and filtered them out
for you! But hey, if you want to take actions in a meeting with yourself (no judgement here!), you can simply check the filter box
to show them.
🧑🏽⚕️ View Guests’ LinkedIn Profile
Ever go in to a meeting with externals and you want to quickly check them out on LinkedIn
? Just click the little LinkedIn logo beside any name in your guest list and it will open their profile
Availability of the LinkedIn profile is based on matching their email address, so it may not show for everyone. You can see their email by hovering over the mail icon — or click to send them an email.
🕷 Bug Fixes & Improvements
- Fixed a bug to make sure guest names (as opposed to just emails) are shown in the meeting page, where known (from Google calendar)
- Added helpful messaging when no data is found, or no filter/search results
- Share the love and Invite others to join you on Meetric, by clicking the button in the bottom-left on any screen
20 August 2020
📬 Manage all Meeting Actions in one place
The Actions tab has been turbocharged! Not only can you use it as your personal task list
to make sure your actions are completed on time, but you can now view all actions assigned to others
in your meetings too. You can view by Due Date
(default) or Group by Meeting
(with your most recent meetings at the top) — and click on any meeting title to go to that meeting page. Plus you can filter out completed actions
in order to focus on outstanding ones.
📹 Launch Zoom, Teams or Google Meet link
You can now view the location
of your meetings in the header of any meeting page. And best of all, if the location is an online video conference
(as many meetings are now), you can simply click Join video to launch the meeting
, saving you the hassle of needing to find the link in your calendar. Pro tip:
share your screen with Meetric for your guests benefit!
🐞 Bug Fixes & Improvements
- Fixed a bug that was causing recap emails to not display correctly in Microsoft Outlook Desktop App and Apple Mail (Desktop & Mobile Apps)
- Added some helper text to the recap email as well as other UI boosts
- Removed additional splash page after login — your Meetings List is home now!
- Meeting guests are now listed in alphabetical order
- Provided reassuring tooltip on our login page so you (and your colleagues) know exactly How we protect your data and calendar information
29 July 2020
↩️ Outstanding Actions from Past Meetings
In any meeting, you can now see all overdue actions from previous meetings
where they are part of the same series
or have identical participants
. Only incomplete actions will show, grouped by meeting, but you can see the number of completed actions in the heading. You can mark related actions as complete, or click on the meeting name to view that meeting. Outstanding actions will also be listed in the recap emails, separate from the NEW actions.
✅ Guests can check off Actions from the recap
When you send a recap to meeting guests, each guest will receive a personalised email
with a password-embedded URL, which allows them to mark their own tasks as complete
— even if they don’t have an account! If they wish to edit actions beyond this or create new ones, they can sign up for an account instantly.
🔗 Share Read-Only Meeting Link
Now you can also share a meeting
and its outcomes beyond just the participants, by making the page ‘Public’
— accessible by anyone with the URL. Access by non-users with this link will be read-only
(they will not be able to create or edit actions, nor mark actions as done), and the page can be made ‘Private’
at any time, removing non-user access.
🐜 Bug Fixes & Improvements
- Fixed a bug that was preventing updating of actions from the Actions page
- Corrected logic in summary email recaps to show completed actions only if they originated from meeting in question (and not from past meetings)
- Meeting host now clearly labelled in guest list on Meeting page